Windham Wednesdays Sneak Peek and 2 free patterns

I have a soft spot for patriotic fabrics and keep them all together in my stash. Here is a new one from Windham Fabrics titled simply "USA." With denim backgrounds and plenty of stars and stripes, this is a grouping that works well for those fabulous Quilts of Valor many are making.

USA Collection by Windham Fabrics
Yes, I know that the 4th of July is in 2 weeks, but these fabrics can be used all year long. Stay tuned for my reveal in 2 weeks with not one, not two, but FOUR large 18" blocks made with this collection. "Oh, that's easy," you say. Not if I split up the collection with my friend Jeannine so she could make something with them herself. We each took 4 fat quarters (one by one), and then split the last four fat quarters. So, my fabrics were limited. (I did add some plain white fabric.)

I think it will be fun to see what the two of us come up with. Jeannine does not sew for a living and makes things other than quilts with her fabric. Me? I always think "blocks" and "quilts."

If you'd like some Americana and patriotic quilt inspiration, please visit all the Star Spangled Banner posts I shared last September (this link is for the winners of the fabrics and gives links to all 7 of the days with free patterns).

American Beauty Quilt by Leslie Sonkin and Debby Kratovil
 Or maybe this one . . .

Patriot's Day quilt by Debby Kratovil
Stay tuned for my reveal of the four 18" blocks made with the new USA Collection.
 
 

Comments

  1. I'm liking those fabrics too. Always love r-w & b!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hum, I wonder what you will come up with. Big blocks sound like a great way to use up fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great line of patriotic fabrics. I'll have to look for them locally. Nice of you to share with your friend. I wonder what both of you will make.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com