Three Little Bears

Today is Wednesday and I want to prove that I sew things other than quilts. I have this fabulous book called "One Yard Wonders" that features 101 sewing projects for all sorts of interests. Home dec, children, pets, clothing - fabulous and accurate patterns that take no more than 1 yard of fabric (or less) to make.
I love this book!
I like to feature new collections from Windham Fabrics on Wednesdays and today I want to show you a fun novelty print called The Three Bears.

The Three Bears Fabric Collection by Windham

 I used three of the prints (which I forgot to include in the photo above - oops!!) to make this toddler art smock. The front pocket has narrow vertical slots for paint brushes. I actually made bias binding and everything worked. What do you think?

Toddler art smock, front view
Toddler art smock, back view
I am getting ready to teach this week, Thursday through Saturday, so I didn't get any other items made. But I plan to make a few other things, maybe even something for my favorite grandson (he's the only one, btw!). There! I really do make things other than a quilt. And this fabric is awesome for all sorts of fun things.

Join me tomorrow for the Leafs Me Happy Blog Hop. I am giving away THREE PRIZES. Come back and see my blocks, three quilts made from my blocks, and join the other bloggers and see all their creativity! Until then, take time for sewing every day.


Comments

  1. Debby, I have that same book and made a few of the projects. I wished I had followed the blog hop last year. Your little apron is beary sweet! Judith, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how sweet and cute ! Adorable and so needed for little ones when they want to create along side you. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com