Windham Wednesday Giveaway
Winner of the fat quarter bundle is: Karen of San Diego, CA. Congratulations, Karen.
Black and white and . . . green! What a fabulous combination, don't you think?
|Day for Night Collection by Windham Fabrics|
You can see 7 of my paper piecing tips at the Martingale blog site. I was interviewed and I share some of my back story on how I came into paper piecing kicking and screaming. But as I went along, I threw out a lot of really bad teaching techniques used by teachers and created my own. Why? I want my students to be successful and I wanted to keep my hair intact!
|Hosanna Block before trimming|
1. Pre-cut strips make paper piecing E-Z.
2. Fold paper back, trim patch to 1/4" seam, add next patch.
3. Sew. Repeat. I used black thread so you could see my stitching.
4. Notice how sewing into the seam allowances criss-crosses the seams for very, very sharp points.
5. How does the block look from the front after I trim away?
I'm working with that Hosanna block from last week, the one I had in the Hugs and Kisses blog hop. I featured the block in my 3 block table runner and named it Cupid's Arrows (why not?)
|Two of the seven 7" blocks I made with Day for Night|
|My 9 block Hosanna Quilt using Regency Dandy, 2007|
Deadline: Saturday Feb. 23 at midnight. Contest is over; Karen is the winner!