On the Road Again!

Twisted Hexagons Table Mat, option #1
I'm starting my teaching cycle for 2014 with the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo and it begins on Thursday, March 6: 4 days on, 3 days off for 6 weeks in a row! Yikes! Can someone check on my husband and dog? Actually, it's a good arrangement and I work with some of the most wonderful people on the planet. What are my classes?

Twisted Hexagons, see above pic. And this class has the option to select to make the table runner:

Three Block Table Runner
I share various other projects of inspiration. But, I have to move on to my next classes . . .

English Paper Piecing: Grandmother's Flower Garden Blocks
No sewing machines. No hurry. No kidding! Handwork and relaxation. Never thought I'd say those two words together, but this class is a wonderful addition to my busy sewing machine schedule of classes. What else do I show?
Double Hexie
How to applique this to a background square!
Now for the machine quilter:
Free Motion Quilting within a stencil outline
Free motion various shapes:
Pebbles? In a circle?
You can see more at the Sewing Expo web site listing of cities and classes.

And the 4th class that seems to be a Blockbuster in each city: The Modern Vortex . . .

The Modern Vortex Quilt. Block Size: 20" x 20" . Quilt Size: 28" x 28"
And is there another color, or do we really all have to make it in red?

You can make blue, or black or purple, or . . .
And where did you get the idea to make such an awesome quilt? How about a quilt made a century ago by a quilter who didn't have a computer or a compass; probably just a dinner plate and a piece of paper!

Only God knows who made this quilt. And I bet she sits on a special throne in heaven!
While I will be busy flying or driving from city to city, I do enjoy being with my students in the classroom. I love my fellow teachers and my roommates (Helene and Nelly). I eat too many hotel meals and some junk food. We share a glass of wine in the evening and tell funny stories about crazy classroom happenings. Then I head back home to make sure my husband and dog are fine, do a few loads of laundry, a quick trip to the grocery store and repeat - again and again!

Wait until you see the next season's listing of classes. I absolutely love that I can create new classes and teach brand new things. I can't ask for anything better! If you are taking a class from me, I am honored!

Comments

  1. have a great time, how hard it must be to choose which class to go to for your students, I am fascinated by the twisted hexagons, will have to study your photo and see if I can work it out for myself as I am unable to attend being in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a great time, how hard it must be to choose which class to go to for your students, I am fascinated by the twisted hexagons, will have to study your photo and see if I can work it out for myself as I am unable to attend being in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful classes. I wish I could come take them all! I love your hexagon projects, and that last one - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would luv to take a class from you-so you ever travel to Ontario Canada?
    luv you hexies and the vortex quilts are wonderful!
    I agree about the maker of that antique quilt! incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com