18 Free Quilt Patterns from Martingale/That Patchwork Place

Hexagon Pinwheels - one of 18 FREE patterns

How about some free quilt patterns to go with your ever increasing stash of fabric? My Hexagon Pinwheels pattern, made with Windham Fabrics "Fat Rolls" (isn't that something happening around my midriff these days?!!), is a very fun scrap quilt. Martingale (my publisher for books and the perpetual Quilter's Block a Day Calendar) is featuring 18 of their authors today and every one of us is offering a FREE pattern. Wow - is it Christmas again so soon?

The Fat Rolls are a bundle of 5" strips that Windham created a few years ago and they asked me to make something using their Basics Collection. Don't you just love those plaids? The templates are included in the project sheet, but if you have a 60 degree ruler, you can quick-cut these. And I include an easy way to sew two strips together along BOTH long sides (into a tube) and then using a 60 degree ruler, you cut out triangles two by two.

So, go on over to the Martingale site and see what the other 17 authors are giving away. I'm sure there is so much inspiration that you may actually make a sizable dent in your stash!

Here are two other Hexagon Pinwheels quilts I've made since making the plaid one:

Hexagon Spiderweb using 2-1/2" strips
More Hexagons!


Comments

  1. So glad I found your site thru Martingale. Love what I saw and thanks for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the heads up on Martingale's site, and for your wonderful hexagon pattern! I love the last quilt you showed, especially.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com