More Log Cabins

You didn't think I was done, did you? I made a list of my log cabin quilt creations and it keeps growing. Remember, I've been doing this for 25+ years and I have all my original files from when they were published in various magazines.

These were made using some Benartex fabrics called Dwellings. These pot holders are made from panels that look like Log Cabins. Cut, stitch, bind, done!

Log Cabin Pot Holders
This is the fabric on the back:

Pot Holders backing fabric
I submitted these to Modern Patchwork Magazine and they said, "Sure. But you need to remake them with actual fabric strips!" OK. Pay me and I'll do it. (I did; they did.)

Log Cabin Potholders that appeared in Modern Patchwork Magazine 2014
 How the pot holders appeared in the magazine:

Single pot holder
I rewrote the entire pattern (9 page pdf) with a color cover page and color throughout with four full size foundations for making these. One of my daughters promptly snatched these, of course! Check out my Craftsy pattern for these (only $4.00).

What else did I make with these fabrics? I cut out more of the log cabin motifs and added roofs (a simple Flying Geese unit) and here she is. Fun, huh?

Mi Casa es Su Casa (My House is Your House)
One more quilt made with another Benartex collection. I call this Warm Welcome Home. I used the 8" Creative Grids Log Cabin ruler for the houses and a Flying Geese unit for the roofs. The center block with the squares on the diagonal came from cutting two blocks along the diagonal and sewing the dark sides together.

I have the multi-page patterns in hard copy (and color) which shows BOTH ways to create these blocks (with or without the ruler). I sell them for $4 plus $2 postage (USA and Canada only). I will get this up on my Craftsy site sometime soon. Send me an email for more info: kratovil@his.com.

Warm Welcome Home: 34" x 34"

Do I have more Log Cabin quilts? Of course. And I hope to share those with you soon. Hope you enjoyed the show.



Comments

  1. Hi Debby! Lots and lots of fun log cabins shared today. The Warm Welcome Home makes me think of a broken home especially the one in the center. I just LOVE Mi Casa - so very cute and welcoming. That would be a good door hanging welcoming people into your house. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do hang it on my wall from time to time. I love this little quilt and the fabrics in the border, too!

      Delete
  2. Actually, my favorite is the first one you did! I love that fabric.. I think it is really making a comeback too as I’m seeing a lot of celestial patterns around ... (especially on my daughter’s body ����)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those celestials fabrics are really OLD! But I still use that runner from time to time.

      Delete
  3. So beautiful blocks.Thi´s one of my favorite block!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words about my blocks. I do have almost 2 dozen log cabin quilts using so many variations. It is probably the most popular block around.

      Delete
  4. Oh, yes, I always enjoy seeing what you have done, or are doing. I've been so busy lately, I hadn't come by in quite a while, but I'm catching up a little bit on your activities!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com