Are you still with me? Today I share my 3rd class which I am teaching this summer at the MAQ
retreat in Gettysburg, PA. I will have another English Paper Piecing class which concentrates on using diamonds with hexagons.
Sunday, July 16:
- Skill Level: All skill levels. This is a hand sewing class.
- Description: English Paper Piecing is a great take-along hand piecing project, perfect for making traditional Grandmother's Flower Garden (GFG) blocks – and more! Discover simple diamonds, which, when combined with the hexagons, offer exciting possibilities for altogether new blocks adding a creative dimension to your design options. My collection of samples is a treasure trove of inspiration, where you’ll see all sorts of ways to use your hexagons and diamonds in a variety of settings and projects.
- Techniques covered English Paper Piecing, hand sewing, designing with hexagons and diamonds.
- Kit Required: Yes
- Kit Fee: $15
- Kit Contains: contains fabric, card stock hexagon and diamond shapes in 2 sizes. The supply list will give you more options for fabrics to bring out of your own stash.
- Sewing Machine Required: No
- Supply List
Now let's see some of the projects, huh?
|Large 2" Hexagons with Diamonds|
Let's now add some small triangles to those diamonds and single hexagon. Students will receive a kit to make one of these Wild Woods creatures and when you finish it, you can stitch it into a hot pad or mug rug (your own finishing)
|Center an awesome motif in the center and learn how to put all these shapes together|
How about ONLY diamonds?
|A traditional Seven Sisters block|
Just to show you how you can EPP seven of these blocks and make a beautiful table topper. This is called Seven Sisters.
|All hand stitched, Seven Sisters blocks|
A simple block to feature some awesome prints (fabrics will vary, depending on what I am able to find for these shapes)
|3 Hexagons and 3 Diamonds (fabrics will vary)|
This is suited for beginners who have never done EPP. We will begin with a hexagon and then introduce those diamonds for a beautiful variety of blocks. I will have kits of pre-cut fabric and papers and you can enjoy a relaxing day hand sewing. No distracting sewing machine noise means that you are actually chatting with your neighbors in class!
Visit the MAQ website to see more on English Paper Piecing with Diamonds and Hexagons.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: email@example.com