Free Patterns Friday

Yes, you read that right! Not just one FREE pattern, but two. The first is in honor of Memorial Day. While you certainly won't be able to stitch it in a day or two so you can hang it at your Memorial Day picnic, you can work on it and maybe have it ready for the Fourth of July!

This is my first game board quilt which I called Parcheesi. It appeared in Quilt Magazine in the Spring of 2004 (which means I made it mid 2003). This is based on a wooden vintage game board I saw. Obviously, the game board was NOT 40" x 40".

Parcheesi Game Board Quilt: 40" x 40"
Here is the FREE pattern I created for Red Rooster Fabrics in 2017. While you may not be able to get the same fabrics, there is always a wonderful selection of patriotic colors to choose from (and I bet you even have some in your stash!)

Sweet Land of Liberty: 41" x 41"
The second FREE pattern is one that no longer is available anywhere online (though it should be)! I designed this for Red Rooster, also. It stays with the Dresden Plate theme I've had this week. I loved making this quilt. I loved working with the small bits of fabric that they sent to me and challenged me to work with what I got. I got the last laugh!

Dresden Garden is a real scrap buster. Notice the different background prints for the dresden blades: two pink, one green, one blue. That's because that's all they sent! And the 3 colors of inner border. Same story. And the binding. Now I'm repeating myself . . .

Dresden Garden: 27" x 27"
And I had to piece the back. I ALWAYS piece my quilt backs.

Dresden Garden quilt back
Two very different quilts and techniques. This should keep you busy (and out of trouble). I hope you have a lovely weekend and however you celebrate Memorial Day, please do remember that for all of our flaws and warts, we still are the Sweetest Land of Liberty.

Comments

  1. Thank you for the patterns.I am not sure there is anything that can keep me out of trouble :-). I hope you have a great weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for these two patterns. I love scrap busters. I also make QOV quilts, so I definitely added this one to my "to make" list. I agree with you, this is the best country on the planet ( even with what isn't perfect).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com