Blazing Autumn Tree

Sometimes I like to revisit projects that never made it to the finish line. I was sent a bundle of Bali batiks back in 2007 and was asked to create something. The colors reminded me of all the blazing colors we see here on the East Coast of the USA in the Fall. Even that purple shows up in our trees!

Stack of batiks in Autumn colors

I am NOT an artist. I basically draw stick figures when my grandkids ask me to draw something. Somehow I got this tree and ground drawn sort of freeform. Leaves were easy. That little curved foot bridge is a bit wonky. The left side border fabric is just sitting there.

Blazing Autumn Tree

This is as far as I got. Not sure where that little sample is today. I think I put it in a giveaway pile at my quilt guild meeting. I look at this from time to time. Love the colors. I think one of the (many) reasons it was rejected by Bali is that it couldn't be patterned. It would be too big.

I did play around with those bright batiks and set some of my Snow Crystals blocks on point. This is the only photo I have from about 15 years ago. Again, I have no idea where these blocks are!

Blazing Snow Crystals

But don't they look like they're on FIRE!? Perfect colors for our East Coast Autumn days.

Comments