Free Pattern Friday: Fat Cats in the City

I sewed this quilt for Benartex Fabrics in 2011 and it was published in a quilt magazine. I call it Fat Cats in the City. It is based on an appliqué cat pattern I designed for my 2006 Block a Day calendar. I gave each of the 4 cats a different tie. I think it's cute, don't you?

Fat Cats in the City
Personally, I'm not a cat person (I love dogs), but I think these cats transcend any animal preferences, don't you?

I used raw edge appliqué for these 10" blocks. The quilt size is 41" x 41". A perfect size for a child!

I took the outline of my Fat Cat and quilted inside it. I use this for my machine quilting classes.

Fat Cat with my machine quilting doodles
The pattern is a 4 page pdf in color as it appeared in the magazine. Enjoy! Fat Cats in the City.

Comments

  1. Could not help but laugh at these fat cats. Saving this for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Debby! I am a big kitty-cat fan (like dogs, too, but not as much) and this fat cat in the city just makes me smile. I mentor a little 7 yr old who is learning to sew and she loves cats. What could be more fun than teaching her raw edge appliqued cats. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always liked this pattern. I AM a cat lover (I'm on a roll today - LOL!) and the ties on the fat cats make this a wonderful humorous quilt. Thank you for sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this 'cause I love cats. Thanks for such a cute and easy pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com