Michael Miller Mondays with Festival of Lights (again)

Last November I made a sweet quilt using the Festival of Lights fabrics by Michael Miller. But I didn't get around to quilting it until this weekend. What do you think? I even put a rod pocket on the back so that it can hang in a special someone's home.

Festival of Lights: 32" x 32"
I have shared the paper pieced Dreidel block several times. It's easy and has been published multiple times. I used it to make some gift bags.

Dreidel Gift Bags

Let's see the one using the Fairy Frost and Festival of Lights fabrics:

6" Paper Pieced Dreidel block
I was thrilled to discover that I could replenish my Hanukkah fabric stash using this collection. Here's a pic of them (along with selected Fairy Frost) before I started cutting.

Festival of Lights fabrics along with some Fairy Frost
I am going on to another project using these same fabrics. I needed more white Fairy Frost fabric and Michael Miller is sending that. But I was able to squeeze 6 blocks from what I have. Here's a sneak peek at the parts of my Starfish Blocks.

6 Blocks using my Starfish pattern
I have more of the blue and golds and reds. I will piece until I run out of fabric (that's usually how I work). This will be one more Hanukkah quilt.

Comments

  1. Hi Debby! Beautiful fabrics, and I have a few Hanukkah gifts to give myself. I never thought about making a quilt for them. Hmm. Just what I need - another project. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the beautiful shiny fabric. I am intrigued with the star fish block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I click on the 6" dreidel pattern link, it says it is unavailable. I'd like this to make a quilt for a friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com