FREE Pattern Sunday: Olé!

Who says my free pattern day has to only be on Fridays? I'm in charge and I was reminded of this pattern I designed for Windham Fabrics a few years ago (2017). I don't think I ever shared it and it's about time I did.

This is a nod to Cinco de Mayo (that means "The Fifth of May" en Español). No margaritas for me; just some great fabric! The quilt size is 52" x 52". The center blocks are 12" and the Greek Key border blocks finish to 6".

Olé using South of the Border fabrics by Windham
Here is a picture of the first set of blocks I proposed. As you can see, we settled on just the cactus in the center and changed up the coloring of the pieced blocks. Those border corner blocks are paper pieced Greek Key units.

Draft blocks
The quilt uses a block I designed for Quilt Magazine in 2007. It was time I brought it out again! You can see the steps using real fabrics from Benartex in an older post here: Cinco de Mayo. It's really helpful to see the steps with actual fabric, so take a look!

Follow the link for Olé and you will be able to download this 6 page pdf all in color. I wish I had asked for some of this fabric when I created the pattern. It is truly fun. But I think you can adapt it to just about any colorful prints.

Hope your weekend has gone well!

Comments