House Arrest Quilts: Day Four

Day  Four and 2 more quilts I finished in the past few weeks. The first one I made as a class sample in 2013 for my Orange Crush class. It actually was my "test drive" quilt to see how the pattern parts would work. I call it Ten Points of Light (17,582 stitches on my HQ Sweet 16.) She had to wait 7 years to be completed, but she waited nicely and I'm so glad I had that lovely brown border print.

Ten Points of Light
Here is what half of the block looked like on my design board back in 2013. This is NOT paper pieced. It is made of dresden plate wedges with a 12" height cut with a 60 degree slice and then put back together. The same way that my Orange Crush quilt is made.

Half of the Ten Points of Light (before appliquéing to background squares
Here is Orange Crush, in case you can't remember it. The center block is a whopping 30" x 30".

Orange Crush Quilt
And the companion Black Licorice Quilt. I keep this un-quilted because I like to show the wrong side with all the piecing of several of those diamonds. I had to dig around in my trash can so I could have a few extra diamonds to complete it! And can you see the two different red prints in those four borders? This quilt teaches a few techniques to help quilters see how to rescue their projects!

Black Licorice
And one more quilt using this same pattern. I found the teaching samples last week and decided - Oh, why not? - and stitched them together into ONE MORE Orange Crush. I call it Orange Marmalade. Or Pinwheel Go 'Round. 20,393 stitches on my HQ Sweet 16!

Pinwheel Go 'Round: 44" x 44"
This is a picture of the multi-sized 12.5" dresden ruler (18 degrees). It comes with the pattern.
12.5" height Dresden Plate ruler with extra lines
I hope you've enjoyed Day Four of my House Arrest Quilts. Yes, I have a few more (5 actually), so I hope you will join me for 2 more days of inspiration.

Comments