Sneak Peek at Windham's Sashiko Collection

If it's Wednesday then it's set aside for Windham Fabrics. I received a fat quarter bundle of their April line, Sashiko. What do you think?

Sashiko Collection by Windham Fabrics
I have so many ideas. I also have a few real sashiko samples I've been working on for 20+ years. I'm trying to think up a way to incorporate these fabrics and my sashiko sample.

12" square Sashiko sample with fat quarters
I had an Asian Delights club that I taught in Atlanta in the mid-2000s. I designed the patterns and we stitched a variety of Asian themed projects. One of those is this string pieced kimono. She has finally gone to live in a new home (last week). She is so happy to be out of the closet!

String pieced kimono: 32" x 40"
Here's a picture of the back of the kimono. You will notice that the hanging rod runs between the layers in the photo above. The string pieced blocks are 8" square. This is a great scrap buster!

Kimono back
I will be sharing more about this collection and what I make with it. You can check out the fabrics online and call your local shops to see if they have them yet.

Comments

  1. Ooh--I love those fabrics! So many great textures and my favorite color-blue! Can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com