Stash Block Saturday - FREE Pattern

We all have a fabric stash. Some have a LARGE stash. But we all have a little scrap bin or piles of fabric we are reluctant to trash (which rhymes with stash!). My favorite line in teaching anyone to quilt is: ALWAYS make a sample block before you cut and sew for a large quilt.

My 14 years with Quilt Magazine gave me hundreds of opportunities to make Stash Blocks. We had a feature in each magazine, which we then put up on our now defunct website, called Stash Blocks.

Here is one of my favorites: Autograph Star. While mine is filled with color, you can leave that center strip plain for a signature quilt. This first appeared in Quilt in 2007!

12" finished Autograph Star
This also appeared in my Quilter's Block a Day calendar:

Autograph Star by Patricia Bryant of Australia
Click the links for the FREE pattern. And if you like making one 12" block, you'll enjoy making more. Have a great weekend!

Comments

  1. The different "Autograph Star" blocks are very nice.🌞💐🌻

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com