Happy Hexie Runners

I designed a quilt for Cut Loose Press featuring their Creative Grids 60 degree ruler. It was a REAL success! It sold hundreds of patterns. Was it because there are no y-seams in this? Was it because the fabrics are so happy? Whatever the reason, I finally quilted another of my class samples made with this pattern. This was waiting in the wings for 7 years. Hey - I'm busy, alright?!

The hexagons are cut with a standard 60 degree triangle ruler (no funky templates).

Happy Hexie Table Runner: 29" x 54"
This was the last of some fabrics from 2013. Before I show you the other 3 runners, let me show you the items I made with this same collection. I made 3 Twisted Hexagon blocks and set them with the side triangles. I fussy cut the centers with that awesome motif.

3 Block Twisted Hexagon runner
And here is the 4 Block Table Topper I've shared here before. These blocks use the same patches as the Twisted Hexagon, but they are arranged in the vintage Wagon Wheel assembly. There are NO y-seams because the half-hexagons are stitched into a ring and the center hexagon, interfaced, is appliquéd to the center opening!

If you click on the link to my Etsy store listing, you will see what I mean about the interfacing!

Table Topper
Now let me show you the other THREE runners I've made with my Happy Hexie pattern. This is the project that appeared with the CLP pattern. These fabrics are from Windham.

Happy Hexie Table Runner: 29" x 54"
And one made with some lovely blues and yellows. This was from the Ambrosia Collection by Blank Fabrics. Not quilted yet.

Happy Hexie Table Runner: 29" x 54"
And the last one, which I gifted to my dear friend Connie G. She loves these romantic reproduction fabrics and the Rebecca Collection (again, from Windham) did not disappoint!

Happy Hexie Table Runner: 29" x 54"
So, I don't know about you, but I seem to make a pattern more than once (or twice or half-a dozen times in some cases).


Comments

  1. That's one of those patterns that looks good in every fabric combination, I think! I can't even say which one I like best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debby! I have some leftover hexagons from a baby quilt and have been meaning to make them into a runner. Your post has inspired me to do it sooner than later. They all look great! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com