Christmas in July, Day 5

I want to feature a quilt that is an "oldie goldie." It's my Photo Corner Birds. You've seen this before. Let me show you again!

Christmas Photo Corners Quilt: 31" x 31"
I first made this pattern over 10 years ago! It was part of my Rainbow Strips and Curves workshop.

Rainbow Curves quilt
The "photo corners" are raw edge appliqué with fusible interfacing on the back to stabilize. Can I show you some of the steps?

Cut out the appliqué patches
 Next . . .
Align on fabric square that has the motif you want to feature

I also made one using a Benartex collection called Avignon:

Another Rainbow Curves/Photo Corners quilt
I bet you have some lovely fabrics with special motifs that you can feature inside these photo frames! I may decide to make another one myself!

Check out my Photo Corners Christmas quilt pattern for more pictures of the process.

Beginning Monday, I will have links to 11 days of Christmas with 11 special designers for the Christmas in July Blog Hop. See you then!

Comments

  1. Love those bird quilts. My eyes can only take a few seconds of the rainbow curves:-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com