Hanukkah in July, Day 2

One of the earliest Hanukkah themed quilts I made was about 22 years ago. It was published in Quilt Magazine. I based it on some fabrics with printed Stars of David and menorahs. I pieced small blue and white pinwheels and set them on point. These blocks are 3-1/2" square (finished).

Festival of Lights (1998)
I also patterned this in two of my Block a Day calendars. This one uses only 9 blocks. This appeared in my 2019 calendar. The Stars of David and menorahs are appliquéd. The pinwheels are pieced.

9 Block Hanukkah Quilt
This block is English Paper Pieced from the Block a Day Hexagon calendar by Katja Marek. This is the December 18 block. It will make a beautiful coaster. Or I could appliqué it to a small gift bag.

English paper pieced block: December 18
I still have small bits of this navy fabric with the Jewish symbols. I plan on a few more EPP blocks. Next time I'll be sharing my wonderful Hanukkah Star quilt, which is a variation of my Double Star pattern. Here's a sneak peek.

Hanukkah Star center
This was created with the beautiful Pearl Essentials collection by Benartex. See you next time for Hanukkah in July, Day 3!

Comments