Butterfly Week: Day Four

 I'm back and so are more butterflies! I came upon this lovely vintage dresser scarf that I made for my lovelier oldest daughter using a large block of appliquéd butterflies. I found it in an antiques market about 10 years ago and then decided to square it up, add a lining (no batting) and then bound it with real feed sacks. Lovely, right? And they are a bit sassy, too!

Vintage butterflies

Here are some fabrics that show some butterflies. The collection is called Bird Song by Windham.

Bird Song fabrics

I centered the fabrics in a simple Cobblestone block. And they also are the main part of the paper pieced birdhouse.

Here's one more small block that I finished off with simple sashing and borders. The block was part of a contest for Quilt Magazine and my editor gave it to me to finish off. See that lovely blue butterfly in the top corner?

That's it for today. I'll see you tomorrow for Day 5.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com