Calendar Blocks: Facets of Color

 I forgot to post yesterday's block, Facets of Color. I have made 2 quilts using that pattern (and they appeared in my second book, Supersize 'Em Quilts, 2009). Here they are. The blocks are 18" x 18"!

Facets of Color: 64" x 64"

Table Runner: 29" x 49"

This is also patterned in my Quilter's Block a Day Calendar CD. It is the same size as the blue one above. I colored it in browns.


The blocks are a combination of paper piecing and traditional piecing. Here is a 3rd quilt in process. I started this in 2009. My youngest daughter bought that print fabric when she was stationed in Guam, but I am pretty sure it's got an American fabric company listed on the selvedge!


The Facets of Color quilt pattern is one of 12 FREE quilts that are part of the Calendar CD. It was also the basis of a workshop I gave several years ago. Very fun to make such large blocks!

Comments