Animal Week: Day 8 and FREE pattern

Yes, I have more animal quilts. They are a very popular motif on fabrics. Here is a wonderful 100% cotton decorator sample that has beautiful wildlife scattered on it. I have two color-ways. These will back some upcoming quilts. But can you believe that price?!

Such lovely forest animals.

Decorator fabric from 2008. 35" square. $55 a yard!!
Here it is in red:
Red forest animal print

Here is a little quilt with forest animals - in fact, the collection is called Forest Parade by Windham. I featured this a few years ago. It is a pattern I've made a few times and still plan on using it again. You can read about this and see several of the steps here: Forest Buddies. And you can find the link for the FREE pattern I designed (with other fabrics) there, too!

Forest Parade Quilt: 40" x 40"

I pulled out the leftovers from the quilt and made some more blocks the other day. I really squeezed the life out of them, but I managed to get 16 blocks, 9" x 9". Will find a fun border and then quilt it, having it on hand for when I need a baby gift.

And one more quilt with some forest animals. This is using the Foxwood Collection last year. I've had SO much fun with this and my grandkids love getting little cards with the motifs on them.


And my quilt using hexagons for the animals and pentagons for the "wreath" parts. This is English Paper Piecing. You can see several more process shots and blocks up close by visiting the Etsy listing.

Foxwood Friends. 40" x 40"

I'm taking a break from Animal Week tomorrow. I have some upcoming classes (via Zoom, so they're available to anyone!) for the May Road 2 California Show and I will share about those. See you then!

Comments