Windham Wednesdays with Pop Dots

One more Double Wedding Ring (DWR) creation. This was made in February of 2020 and I finally got around to quilting it a few weeks ago.

Modern Double Wedding Ring: 36" x 36"

Do you remember the bright selection of fabrics? I had to make this using ONLY fat quarters. I am SO partial to bright colored fabrics.

Pop Dots by Windham Fabrics

I wanted to remake another quilt I had done for Benartex in 2016 using a collection called Sgrafitto. 

Modern Double Wedding Ring: 36" x 36"

I decided to add the little melon cutaways you get when you cut out the larger ones. I had so much fun spreading them out on top of the partially pieced center.

Lots of large melons and little leaves

My 11 page pattern in my Etsy shop includes several other DWR variations. I've been playing with this simplified shape for about 20 years. I've even had a few quilts published that only use the little center cutaways. Wanna see? This little table topper (17" x 17") was published in Modern Patchwork Magazine in 2014. Don't you love that vintage orange ric rack around the center circle? This is also part of my DWR pattern set on Etsy.

Simple DWR table topper. 17" x 17"

And I have a few pages of other ideas. One I made using a green and black set of batik fabrics. I call this Double Wedding Ring Blossoms. It still is a quilt top. I like to show my students how the center is just composed of 4 large squares. Those curved patches are simply appliquéd to the front! What could be simpler?

Double Wedding Ring Blossoms

So, lots of ideas. You can see a few more quilts at the Etsy pattern listing. I no longer sell the acrylic template sets, but it's a very easy template to make using freezer paper.

Comments