Memorial Day Quilt and FREE pattern

I have posted these quilts here before, but the fabric company has removed the link. I have since put it on my own server and you can find it there. Here is my post from 2017.

Sweet Land of Liberty. Yup. That's us. I have designed a few quilts based on antique game boards. I could only find one photo on my computer, so that's all I can share.


This quilt was designed and sewn (and published) in 2004. This was based on a vintage game board. It has since been given away to my brother in law.

Parcheesi Game Board

I used this as the basis for the Sweet Land of Liberty fabrics. 

I love the center pentagon star block. Yes, only five points! There is no curved piecing. Everything is done with raw edge appliqué.

And here's my quilt designed with the line with the same name. All the templates are full size and it's been edited with several sets of eyes. Hope you enjoy making this for someone who has a love for vintage patterns. The red, white and blue is just as traditional as the browns and golds and blues in my first quilt.

Sweet Land of Liberty: 48" x 48"

While you may not have the time to make this for our American Memorial Day celebration this weekend, make sure you download it for next year. Or for making anytime for a Quilts of Valor for an American veteran. It's sure to be a hit!

Comments

  1. Thank you so much. Amazing isn't it that there are so many patterns around us (games+) yet we still try to create new ones all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It still amazes me how different fabrics show themselves in a quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com