Some Recent Quilt Finishes

I've been trying to finish up a few dozen quilt tops and while I've done about that many, it also doesn't seem like I've made a dent! Remember, I do this for a living (though I haven't made much living from them in the past year . . .), so I'm only as good as the next quilt!

Sunshine in My Garden was made using some leftover paper pieced units from another quilt. Those are VERY sharp points, right? The center block is 16" square. Set on point it is a whopping 22.5" (from point to point). I pieced the setting triangles to give the illusion of that blue block being appliquéd.

Sunshine in My Garden: 44" x 44"

Notice that my borders do not match, but because they are from the same Gardening Collection (by Windham), they work! This is a quilt waiting for just the right child!

Next is my Cameo Blooms quilt. I had this lovely motif from the Kaffe Fassett Cameo fabric and I cut it out and then added 1-1/2" (finished) strips in rounds. A very easy technique. The center is 14" x 14". As you can see, that little orchid insisted she wanted to be part of the photo. Gotta do what you gotta do.

Cameo Blooms: 44" x 44"

Descending 2 is also made using leftovers from another quilt. (You can find the pattern in my Etsy shop.) As you can see, there are two partial blocks - 3/4 of two blocks! What to do? Just fill out the space! Each of those 6 paper pieced units are 10", so the center measures 30" x 30". I just filled out the space with some extra fabric. And that fabulous border is a beautiful Jane Sassaman print I've had on my shelf for a few years.

Descending 2: 44" x 44"

I have quite a few more to share, but these should give you permission to take liberties with your leftovers!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com