Magazine Cover Quilts, Day Three

Another day, another quilt or two on a magazine cover. Here is my Noah's Ark quilt which began as a round robin with other quilts on America Online (probably 1997). I made the center ark. Then someone added the animals and Noah and then the subsequent borders. I recently donated it to the Childen's Nursery at my church. It hangs for all the children to see!

Noah's Ark quilt

Here is the center:

I made Noah's ark and the sky, clouds and background.

Here's the magazine cover of Big Block Quilts Issue #58.

Noah's Ark quilt on the cover of Big Block Quilts #58

Here's one more cover with 2 quilts. The Sunbonnet Sue quilt was somewhat monotonous but it was always a popular one to feature. You can see my Sunbonnet Sue single block mini-quilt in my Etsy shop. She is very similar to this one. And my 9 Block Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam quilt is fun, too!

Quilt Almanac 2005

The Hearts on Fire quilt at the bottom right was first featured in this magazine. It was the beginning of my Cookie Cutter Bonanza series. I taught these workshops for several years. Here's the full quilt. It is raw edge appliqué and the little cutaways from the full hearts were used for the border. Not a thing was wasted! I donated this for a fund raiser for a local charity several years ago.

Hearts on Fire quilt

You can find this quilt AND 12 others in my 2012 Calendar of Quilts in my Etsy shop. (It is a 92 page pdf on a CD which you order from me). You can see other Hearts quilts using this pattern by doing a search here on the blog.

And one more magazine cover that showcases a quilt that lets the fabric do most of the work. This was from 2006 and the fabrics were from Lakehouse. Quilt Magazine was our starship publication and we put it out four times a year.


And one more quilt that made it inside the magazine but not on the cover. This used the same fabrics from this awesome collection. It is one of my husband's favorite quilts and hangs in our dining room. See what I mean about letting the fabric do most of the heavy lifting?!

Pots of Blooms

Hope you enjoyed seeing some of my happy quilts from years gone by.

Comments

  1. I remember so many of these covers! I probably still have some of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I still had all of them! But when I gave the featured quilt away as a gift, I included the magazine issue.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com