Halloween Quilts: Day 5

 Owls. And cats. Who gives a hoot?

Owl Be There. Two giant 18" blocks

I fussy cut these hexagons so I could capture those awesome tree motifs with the hooty-owls perched up in the curly limbs. Isn't this the cutest fabric? It's an older one by Benartex: Owl Be There.

One 18" block

And here is a REALLY old quilt with some very cute motifs. I was working with fat quarters, so that's how I was able to give it a border. This appeared in my second book, Supersize 'em Quilts (2009, Martingale).

Big Block Star

And some really cute pillowcases from several years ago. I gave these to my little grandsons (who aren't very little anymore).


Fun Halloween pillowcase (front)

I had to piece the pillowcase because of the amounts of fabric I had. Not to worry. Kids don't mind!


Back of pillowcase

And the last pillowcase I'm sharing today. There's one of those owls captured in a smaller hexagon. But - oooooh - where did those spiders come from?


I hope you've enjoyed my week of Halloween quilts! Nothing too spooky; just fun!

Comments

  1. Yes, I did enjoy the week! Love the spiders. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? you love the spiders? Of course - that's because they're pretend! I think I gave these to my grandsons.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com