Recent Charity Quilt Finishes

You would think that with all the quilts I finish and donate each year (between 2 and 3 dozen) I would make a dent in my fabric stash. Ha ha ha ha ha! You know this stuff multiplies in the night when we're all fast asleep. It's just a trick!

Funnies aside, here are 3 recent quilt finishes from a few weeks ago. (I have 4 quilts awaiting the binding, sitting in a bag in my dining room.) This first quilt was made by my sister who was living in California and just wanted to de-stash for her move to Idaho this summer. It is a lovely scrappy Rail Fence.

Pink and Green Rail Fence: 56" x 66"

The next one uses some leftover fabric panels from a fishing themed collection called "Keep it Reel" by Benartex. I stitched the Cobblestone blocks and a guild friend put them together and added the border from what I put in the bag. Here's the front:

Keep it Reel: 42" x 42"

And Diane pieced the back. A wonderful way to use it all up!

Keep it Reel quilt back

The third quilt uses up the rest of my workshop samples from my Arrowheads class. I retired it and figured I could squeeze one more quilt from the box - and I did. The border prints come from another fishing collection, this time from Windham called Fresh Catch. I put the top and back together (with Jeannie quilting it).

Fresh Catch Arrowheads Quilt: 48" x 48"

Here's Fresh Catch Arrowheads from the back. I hope it doesn't make the recipient too hungry!

Fresh Catch from the back

Now the four quilted quilts in the dining room are getting a big edgy. I promised them I'd put the binding on 2 weeks ago! Maybe I'll do one or two this week (but please don't tell them I told you that!)

Comments

  1. I do hand work of an evening while watching TV with hubby. Love style of Fresh Catch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's wonderful that, with the help of others sometimes, you do so much good with your talent.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com