King's Crown Quilts and FREE Pattern

As you may know, I have published several Block a Day calendars - 15, to be exact (yes, that's right!). One of them is my perpetual calendar published by Martingale. That means that it can be used year after year (no day assigned; just a number). Here is the block for today, February 15: King's Crown. This real block was sewn by Patricia of Australia.

King's Crown Block: 16"

 I have made several quilts using this traditional block. Allow me to share them with you!

The first one I made was in 2007 and published in Quilt Magazine. I used a collection of Asian inspired fabrics. There are four blocks in this quilt and a fun triangle inner border which creates a secondary design.

King's Crown quilt

The second was made using some Kaffe Fassett Fabrics and was the basis for a workshop back in 2005. Four 16" blocks with the placement of the pink and dot fabrics creating another secondary design.

King's Crown Quilt: 50" x 50"

Then I created one in 12" blocks for Blank Fabrics back in 2008. This is the FREE pattern. You can see the single block at the top.

King's Crown: 54" x 54"

You can find my Block a Day calendar in my Etsy shop with 366 blocks in TWO sizes and 12 quilt patterns. It's a CD and I would mail it to you - free shipping, too!

You can put these King's Crown block to block or add the sashing as shown in the FREE pattern. Enjoy!

Comments

  1. It is fun to see the different takeaways from just one block! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all in the coloring in the patches that touch each other. It's fun to see a secondary design!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com