What's in My Garden, Day 3

Bring in the flowers! I love them all. Where I live the daffodils and crocus are in full bloom. My hostas are beginning to poke their heads through the dirt and my peonies have been thinned and are itching to burst into their hot pink flowers! My husband staked them last weekend. They get tall and need the support.


And I even have a daffodil quilt block. It's part of my Memory Bouquet quilt made in early 2003 by me and my friends from Atlanta. It's also known as the Jonquil.

Daffodil block from the Memory Bouquet quilt

Here are a few other flowers from that quilt. It was published in Quilt Magazine in 2003 (with only 4 of the 20 blocks patterned). This first appeared in the Kansas City Star in the 1930s!

This is a Lily of the Valley. Not sure where this block is in my closet. It was not part of the quilt set; just an extra one I came upon when I was an editor with Quilt.

Lily of the Valley

And another one, the Zinnia. There is a LOT of appliqué here!

Zinnia Block

And here are all 20 of the blocks. The pattern has them full size.


Here is a quilt owned by Barbara Brackmann. Not sure if she made it. She's a quilt historian, so she may just have it in her collection. Isn't that border SO beautiful?!!


I like to hang my Memory Bouquet quilt in the springtime so that I can get a burst of color before it happens outside in my garden. Check out the Memory Bouquet quilt pattern in my Etsy shop. It's a 46 page pdf with lots of history, being true to how the blocks were presented in the Kansas City Star.

Comments