Ocean Breezes Block of the Month - maybe

It's almost July and where I live it's hot and we have a lot of sunshine and we yearn for some ocean breezes. I haven't been to the beach in several years (but I'm not a fan of bathing suits and sand, btw). I published my Ocean Breezes pattern in my 2018 Quilter's Block a Day Calendar (by Andrews McMeel). Here's a digital version:

Ocean Breezes: 32" x 32". 8" blocks

I am considering this as a Block of the Moment (not monthly; probably weekly). Is there any interest?

I've pulled my fabrics. These are Bedrock by Windham Fabrics (and a renegade green Fairy Frost).

Ocean Breeze fabrics from the Bedrock Collection by Windham

I've made a few of the blocks. What do you think of the Cabana? It is paper pieced and the quilt uses two of these.

Ocean Breezes Cabana Block: 8"

I've traced my templates for the Whale (two blocks), Palm Tree (two blocks) and am almost done with the boat, which sits in the center. I have the supply list ready, too!

I've made the two Square in a Square blocks. I had to pull in some Fairy Frost green and my background is my favorite Kona Snow.

Square in a Square parts (2 blocks)

So, are you interested? I can start it in the middle of next week (after the July 4th holiday here in the States). Let me know (because I can't read minds over cyberspace!)

Comments

  1. I'm ready! Love the beach and am redecorating in beach style. Also, haven't been to the beach since before the pandemic started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I guess it's time to go back to the beach! These are fun blocks!

      Delete
  2. Hi Debby! Block of the moment! What a good idea for a low stress summer project. I’m interested:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK. It will start next week. Glad you're interested.

      Delete
  3. Cute summer project . . . let's do it! Looking forward to a trip to the beach in September.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane. You can get this finished before September. I hope to reveal one block a week.

      Delete
  4. Looks like it would be a fun quilt to make.And different .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very beach themed! They are new blocks to me (to sew). I think you'll enjoy them.

      Delete
  5. Count me in!! I love sew alongs and your quilt is super cute?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, these really are cute blocks. I'm almost done - just one more block to sew. Not hard.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I hope you'll be inspired by the blocks I am stitching.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Yes, Barbara. It should be fun. Hope you'll be inspired.

      Delete
  8. Sewing is always fun (unless it's repairing, which is something I had to do today). Stay tuned for the first reveal next week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I won't be able to follow along this time :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this one. I need 'simple' right now, LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry but I missed the beginning of this BOW. Love to make it as I live on the coast and the room for my new grandson is beach themed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com