One More Circle of Geese Quilt

I'm retiring my Circle of Geese workshop and was able to get ONE more quilt from my box of sample block parts. I actually had the center toile motif interfaced and ready to star in the middle of a circle of geese. I added sweet borders and off she goes to my local guild for our charity endeavors. The center is exactly like the one in my last book.

Toile Garden Medallion: 38" x 38"

Here is the pattern as I taught it a few years ago for the Hershey Quilt Show. I call it "My Geese Have the Blues." Everything is stepped out in the 11 page pdf. I truly love these colors! Each of those 4 blocks/units is 12" x 12". Sashings are 2".

My Geese Have the Blues: 38" x 38"

I also love it in the bright, primary colors as seen here. Don't you love those dancing jungle animals?

Geese at the Zoo

Here's another happy one (since donated to young neighbor).

Circles of Geese with center sashings

And another one in pinks. I think I gifted this to one of my neighbor's kids, too. (She has 5 kids under the age of 6!!)


Isn't this just the cutest with the dancing jungle animals and the large dotted fabric? I've since quilted this and I think I gave this one away, too.



I used the pattern for the center of this quilt and then added even more Flying Geese in the border. This hangs in my closet waiting to be quilted. I squeezed the life out of those fat quarters and 10" squares! This is a fun quilt using Amanda Murphy's Free Motion Fantasy fabrics.

Circle of Geese using Free Motion Fantasy by Amanda Murphy

Oh, wait! I forgot to show you the VERY FIRST one I made 13 years ago. And I DID set in that circle in that complete ring of flying geese. See? I can do that (but never again!) Here's the center:

Yakkity Yak Dinosaurs center

And the complete quilt:
Yakkity Yak Dinosaurs, begun in 2008

So, I've made 9 of these and I'm quite sure I'm done. Each one is making someone happy and that's the purpose of my quilting (after trying to make a living from it!) Hope you enjoyed seeing all of these.

 

Comments