Windham Fridays with Meadow and Lone Stars

Sometimes I enjoy working with soft-reading fabrics instead of the strong brights that I tend to favor. Meadow by Windham Fabrics is just such a collection. They are due to ship to quilt shops in August. Here's a sneak peek.

Meadow by Windham Fabrics

Here's how they are described at the Windham site:

An endless love for flowers led to the creation of Meadow. These packed, small-scale florals in a soft and stylish palette are printed on lovely, high-density cotton. Make super, soft and cuddly quilts, little Spring dresses, button down shirts and trendy skinny ties. The main patchwork pattern makes the perfect border, backing or quilted jacket!

Can you see that first fabric, the random patchwork print using all the other colors! I am thinking of a thousand different things to do with that, but I haven't cut into it yet!

Here's a 9 block quilt I made for Windham about 15 years ago. It appeared in my 2nd book, Supersize 'Em Quilts (2009). You can see the block variations here. These are a mere 19".

Farmhouse West Stars from Supersize 'Em Quilts (2009)

I am teaching my One Day Lone Star workshop tomorrow (Saturday, July 16) and the Meadow prints are teasing me, telling me they'd love to be a BIG BLOCK Lone Star. Here's one I made about 10 years ago - all rotary cut diamonds - and NO y-seams!

Big Block Lone Star: 29" block!

 Here's one I made using some Windham Fabrics with an Americana theme. Yes, the star is a 29" block!

Big Lone Star using Storybook Americana by Windham.

I'm leaning toward making four blocks and then will have an awesome large quilt center! What do you think?

Here's a peek at one of the four star units. Now I think you believe me about there being no y-seams!

29" Lone Star quarter block

You can check out my Etsy Big Block Lone Star listing. There's info on how to put the diamonds together 4 different ways (as you can see in the Farmhouse West Quilt) I'll be back next week with a star or two made using the Meadow Collection (I hope!)

Comments