More Coffee Cups

I piece a little, quilt a little, finish a little. And then I put things in a drawer for when I need a quick gift for a special occasion. I have made dozens of these little coffee cups and I recently sent two to my sister Janet who lives in Idaho. She loves them! Here is one.

Green and gray Coffee Cup mug rug

She asked for the pattern. I told her they are PAPER PIECED and reminded her that she does NOT want to ever learn that technique (as she has told me on more than one occasion) Ha! I said I would make her a few more. Actually, I have about half a dozen more just waiting to be finished.

Paper pieced Coffee Cups using the Mimosa Collection by Windham

They aren't that hard. I took a vintage pattern and converted it for paper piecing. The handle is raw edge appliquéd. I first made a 9 block quilt about 20 years ago, again, paper piecing. I gave this to a friend in Atlanta.

9 Block Coffee Cups quilt

I've made them in a variety of fabrics. I have these sitting in my special gift drawer (they're quilted and bound).

More coffee cups!

They finish to 7". They are a beautiful way to fussy cut a special motif in the center (as you can see).

Go check out my Etsy listing to see these in a variety of fabrics. They are scrap busters and a perfect USABLE gift for just about anyone!

Now I know what I'm going to work on this afternoon. I have those 6 blocks just waiting for simple straight line quilting and binding!

Comments