Friendship Plume Updated (and for sale)

Mountain Mist was the "go to" company for both batting and patterns. One that I fell in love with is the Friendship Plume. What? You've no idea what I'm talking about? Let me show you TWO vintage and beautiful Friendship Plume quilts.

Vintage Friendship Plume quilts

I redrafted it into the size I wanted (I had to draw it myself - no pattern to trace!) and settled on a 15" size. Then, because I know my limits, I settled on making a pillow using my Fossil Fern collection.

Friendship Plume in Fossil Ferns

Then some other fabrics called to me and I made it again using some Kaffe Fassett fabrics. Both pillows have a flange (the floppy edge) which takes it up to 20" x 20". The back is one of those fold overs that allows you to slip your pillow form inside.

Friendship Plume in beautiful autumn colors (link is for pdf pattern)

Now to show you five blocks that I made and I'm selling! I only have one set, so first come first served!

First, this is my freezer paper template that I used to cut out the interfaced Fossil Fern fabric. I interfaced (NOT fusible webbing) this so that it would stabilize the raw edges of the fabric.

Freezer paper template ironed to right side of fabric

And after stitching.
Big, beautiful Friendship Plume in Fossil Ferns

I used a machine zigzag stitch. You can see it better from the back. I did go back and remove the blue fabric from behind the appliqué, but it's not necessary.

Wrong side to show the stitching


I found my 5 blocks made in 2019. Two pink, two brown, and one purple (the center one in Fossil Ferns). They are made using some batiks for the background and the brown and pink ones. And they are for sale! I'll put in the hard copy pattern for the green pillow, too!

Five 15-1/2" Friendship Plume blocks

They can easily be put together using fabric rectangles on both sides of the center purple block. I've used this technique many, many times. Now you would have a 30" x 45" quilt center!

Comments

  1. I loved collecting the Mountain Mist patterns when I started quilting. Sadly, I have no idea what happened to all of them. Too many moves! I like your redrafted version, and those bottom five will be great in a quiltlet. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com