Harvest Pumpkins

Just because a quilt has pumpkins on it doesn't mean it's strictly for Halloween! But it does bring Halloween to mind!

Here is my Harvest Pumpkins quilt which was first published in Quilt Magazine in 2004. The pumpkins were made with a collection of bright orange batik fabrics. And, believe it or not, the striped border was also a batik. No funky templates - those pumpkins are rectangles with corner triangles added (squares sewn along diagonal and trimmed). Easy!

Harvest Pumpkins: 8" blocks; 25" x 34"

My oldest daughter (Audrey) grabbed it several years ago to use on her table. It looks pretty happy to share the space with some gourds and a little pumpkin!

Harvest display at Audrey's

Here is how it appeared in Quilt Magazine almost 20 years ago:

Harvest Pumpkins getting ready for Halloween

Here's another pumpkin quilt that teamed up with a kitty. This definitely makes me think of Halloween. I think I still have this quilt (which means that one of my daughters hasn't come to claim it!). I published this in Quilt Magazine in 2004.

Kitty in the Pumpkin Patch

I used to offer this as a hard copy pattern. Not sure if I'll redo it for a digital pdf, but it's fun to see this blast from the past!

Comments

  1. I really like both of them! Time flies, when you're making pumpkin quilts. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com