Sewing for Hanukkah and FREE Pattern

 Do you remember these fabrics and blocks? My Dreidel Block is part of my Cookie Cutter series.

This is the Pearl Essentials collection from Benartex. I used it to make my Star of David quilt and 3 dreidel blocks.

Pearl Essentials fabrics

My Star of David topper is one of my favorites. It's 24" x 28" and uses no templates - just your trusty multi-sized 60 degree ruler.

Star of David Table Topper

Here's the center star up close. You can see that those light "diamonds" aren't diamonds at all but a pair of triangles; no y-seams!

Center of Star of David Table Topper

Here's a pic of all the units - only diamonds and triangles!

Two sizes of triangles and diamonds

I made 3 Dreidel blocks that have been waiting for a new home and they were purchased the other day. Do you remember these from 2019? They each measure 10.5" x 10.5" Maybe they could become a runner? 

3 Cookie Cutter Dreidel blocks

The FREE Dreidel pattern is transferred to freezer paper and then cut out of fabric as shown here.

Cutting the Dreidel parts from contrasting fabric

Then they are appliquéd to two background rectangles as shown here. I used a simple machine zigzag.

Getting ready to stitch the two block halves

Here is another single block with the two parts put together via the center vertical seam. Easy!

Dreidel Block: 10" x 10" finished


If you want the FREE Dreidel block (which uses raw edge appliqué), then click HERE!

Comments