And the Festive Birds Continue!

I had fun putting these little chickadees in the center of some Pentagon Wreaths. English paper pieced with those card stock papers.

Little chickadee inside a pentagon

 I took one of my several blocks and made a placemat for a grandchild.

Festive Chickadee placemat

You can find one of my Pentagon Wreath patterns in my Etsy shop. I use some sweet animal prints from Windham Fabrics as the center hexagons.

Here's my sweet little chickadee quilt using those pentagon blocks. Yes, different borders. Now you can see that this really works - don't sweat using two different prints!

Festive Chickadees Pentagon quilt

And I made even more blocks and put them into yet ANOTHER quilt. I used hexagons in the center (so there are 6 pentagons surrounding it). This one I made into a generic quilt with novelty print borders (ie, non-Christmas) so I could donate it to my local quilt guild for our charity endeavors.

Pentagon wreath blocks with hexagon centers

Then there is another collection (I'm getting them all mixed up, I'm sure) called My Little Chickadee and I made some more English Paper Pieced items.

Little Chickadee Table Topper

One little chickadee had his head sliced from his body when the Benartex workroom worker was getting my fabrics ready! Head on one end of the fabric; body on the other. I can match these things - I come from decades of garment sewing! You can see the seam right under his beak!

Single chickadee pieced

This is from the My Little Chickadee collection (2016). I centered this little sweetie pie in a Twisted Hexagon block and finished it as a coaster.

Single block redeems this little chickadee!

I'll be back with more of these little chickadees. All the fabrics are by Benartex and they mix and match so well. I'm sure you'll agree - these are tweet, uh! sweet little birdies.

Comments