More Festive Birds for the Holidays

My favorite shape is the hexagon. I love using it with the half-hexagon shape! The possibilities are endless. Here is a fun quilt (yet to be quilted) where I combined my Half Hexagon Braid pattern with the vertical panels of cardinals. Less piecing, too!

Festive Season leftovers: 50" x 50"

Yes, I used two different prints for the borders. And I didn't have enough length, so I added those corner squares.

Here's a closeup of that awesome cardinal border print:

Vertical cardinal print


Another quilt that I made was featured in a Benartex blog several years ago. I got carried away with the design on this. You can see the process shots for this (and several other projects) HERE. Be sure to check it out because I give the cutting dimensions and show you how to make this!

Festive Season with beautiful Cardinals: 31" x 36"

Here is a closeup of fussy cutting that awesome cardinal in the center:




I also made another wreath using 3" diamonds for English Paper Piecing. You may remember this. I had to bring in other fabrics to finish things off, but the diamonds are the same fabrics as in the projects above.

English Paper Pieced Wreath

I started chopping up my Christmas fabrics into strips and have another idea in mind. But, here are some 10" blocks I made for my local quilt guild's block swap. I made a dozen but didn't enter my name in the drawing - I have too many quilts already!

6 of the 12 Gift Blocks

Yes, I have more scraps from these collections. I'll be back!


Comments

  1. I really like the one with the braid and the border print. Clever, as you always find things to do a different way that look smashing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I learned a long time ago to make do with what I have and that goes for fabrics, too. I never did like the matchy-matchy way of some fabrics.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com