Quick and Easy Last Minute Gifts

I posted this here about 2 years ago. They are still relevant today because we all need something for those last minute gifts!

Do you remember this? Check out the blog post to see some of the steps. I call these Danish Hearts, but I was told that these are not made in Denmark! But I do remember making these using construction paper when I was in elementary school.

Woven Danish Heart

I pulled some other colors of the Paper Fans fabrics by Kaffe Fassett and combined them with some bold yellow Marble fabrics from Michael Miller. My pattern is very simple with several color photos of process steps and a full-size template.

First steps in Woven Danish Hearts

This time I wanted them to be truly heat resistant and make a reliable hot pad. I pulled my last bit of Insul-Bright for this. You don't need Insul-Bright, though.

Woven heart ready to be layered with Insul-Bright Batting

I wanted simple straight line quilting. I layered it and then wanted to make sure my straight lines didn't get all wobbly, so I used some painter's tape to keep me on the straight and narrow!

Using painter's tape to keep my lines straight

Here are the two new ones, along with the first pink one:

Woven Danish Heart Trivets: 12" x 12"

I made both of these in one afternoon and bound them the next morning. Now I have to decide who gets them! Which of the 3 do you like? Here are my 2 new ones up close:

Blue and Yellow Woven Danish Heart

White/Gray print with Yellow

And it does make a difference which side is which! I didn't notice it until I finished them. These two hearts are mirror images of each other!

Don't forget to check out the blog post to see more steps. And check out the Etsy listing for the easy pattern. And keep one for yourself, too!

Comments

  1. They are all appealing. I think I like the purple and gold best, but if I picked one blindfolded, it wouldn't be a disappointment whichever one I picked. =) That's a great design.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com