Jelly Roll Fast and Easy Quilt

We all have them - those luscious bundles of 2-1/2" strips that we often wonder - "What am I going to make with these?" I have the perfect quilt that I've made several times and I think you will have the greatest time with whatever fabric collection your jelly roll is made of.

This is my most recent quilt which I call "The Birthday Party Quilt." It just looks so fun and happy because it's so scrappy!

The Birthday Party Quilt: 54" x 54"

There's nothing "matchey-matchey" going on here. I just cut into my stash (I didn't have a jelly roll) of Kaffe Fassett prints and set to work stripping and cutting. NO templates and NO waste.



Here's the first quilt I made in 2010:

Rainbow Strips from 2010

Here's one made by a student from my workshop (or maybe from my Etsy pattern).

Four large blocks of Rainbow Strips

I wanted to work with browns and black. This is made of 4 whole blocks and 4 half blocks (on the bottom). I sent this to a friend in Atlanta and she quilted it and donated it to a local charity endeavor. Glad it has a new home!

Rainbow Strips in browns and black

And one more that is so sweet with baby prints. Of course, this went off to live with a young child!

Rainbow Strips with no borders

The jelly roll strips are sewn together and then cut into units. Easy and fun to make in all sorts of fabrics, with or without borders. Check out the Rainbow Strips pattern and see all the photos!

Comments

  1. Oh, doesn't really matter about the fabric, does it? They are all appealing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com