Spring is here - Brrrr!

I love the longer days and the extra sunlight, but the chill factor is not nice where I live! Happy Spring to all (in the Northern Hemisphere, btw). My daffodils have been exploding with color for a few weeks now.


 

Here is a Daffodil Block from my Memory Bouquet pattern. Blocks are 9" x 12". This was designed by Eveline Foland for the Kansas City Star in the 1930s. I redrafted all 20 of the blocks.

Daffodil Block from Memory Bouquet quilt

Do you remember the entire quilt? I made this in 2002 with the help of my guild members. This appeared in Quilt Magazine in 2003. The Daffodil Block is at the top center.

Memory Bouquet quilt: 63" x 63"

I played with some yellow and orange batiks using some 60 degree diamonds and created a pieced daffodil. What do you think?


I like the real daffodils better. We put some in a vase with water and get to enjoy them inside the house as well as outside. I wish you a happy Spring day and hope there are some flowers where you are!

Comments