Double Wedding Ring Quilts

I decided to create a new board in my Pinterest site. Not sure if folks still use Pinterest, but it sure has a LOT of inspiration for me. My Double Wedding Ring board has 16 photos so far. I didn't realize I had made so many quilts!

Here's one of my recent quilt finishes. I've shared it here before. This is foundation paper pieced with 11" blocks. It's a workshop I teach from time to time.

1930s Double Wedding Ring: 44" x 56"

I like to show how I simplified joining the blocks. I split that center 4-pointed curved background unit into four pieces. Here is what I mean by the 4-pointed curved unit. I took a vintage, 1930s quilt apart and I have plans!

8 pieced, curved arcs with single, center unit

Here is what I mean by splitting the center:


You honestly can't see the vertical and horizontal seams after the quilting. I wouldn't care, anyway!

I've made two small table toppers with pieced center and curved outer edges. I paper pieced the arcs. I'm pretty sure you can see those center seams.

Small DWR table topper

And a second one using some Kaffe Fassett fabrics. I learned that you MUST cut your binding on the bias for this to work. Ask me how I know . . .

DWR table topper

I am working on another Double Wedding Ring quilt using some bright blenders from Michael Miller (Krystal Collection) and some teaching samples made with a Windham Fabrics collection called Mimosa. Here is a process shot:

7 parts to my simplified Double Wedding Ring

Check out my Double Wedding Ring Pinterest Board and see several more of these quilts and their variations. One goes back 25 years when I simplified the entire thing with just a single melon shape with the center cut out!

Comments

  1. All of these are so pretty. I have done a few blocks, but never made a complete quilt. I do like the last photo - colors and fabric designs. Anything looks good in this pattern, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com