Free Pattern Friday: Seminole Steps

This is a repost from 2019. It's worth revisiting because we all have bundles of Jelly Rolls!

I love blues, turquoise in particular. I designed a few dozen quilts for Blank Fabrics and came across this lovely one I called Seminole Steps. This features a bundle of 2-1/2" strips (a jelly roll). You have one (or a dozen), right?

Lovely set of 2-1/2" strips in turquoise

I made more than one quilt with this Inspiration Collection. Let me show them to you before I reveal the FREE pattern. Is that ok with you? These don't use 2-1/2" strips, but larger pieces from this collection.

First, a pincushion using a small scrap, some rick rack, stuffing and a tuna can (yes, it is!) A little hot glue keeps that stuffed top in the can. I made several of these. Now you have a reason to not only eat tuna, but to save the cans!

Tuna can disguised as a pin cushion

Next is a quilt I've made several times using a widely published block pattern. I call it Delectable Mountains. I simplified the steps to fit the size I wanted.
Center square is 12" x 12" (finished). Outside squares are 7" finished.

Delectable Mountains: center block is 26"! Quilt is about 38" x 38"

And one I designed in honor of a friend who died too early in life of Ovarian Cancer. It did run as a pattern on the Blank Quilting site, but they no longer have it. This quilt was auctioned a few years ago to support a local charity cause.

Memories of Janet: 48" x 48"

Now, if you're still with me, here is today's FREE pattern: Seminole Steps. I only have one picture of it and it's not very good, but the first page of the pattern has a better shot.

Seminole Steps: 57" x 61"

Hope you enjoyed my abundance of turquoise today! I still have a few small pieces of this lovely collection and may make one more project sometime. Of course, Seminole Steps will work with ANY colors, so pull out those jelly rolls you've been hoarding and waiting for the perfect pattern to stitch them into.

Comments

  1. I always enjoy both an abundance of turquoise and your ideas, quilts, projects and patterns. Thanks for the link to this lovely free pattern. I do have jelly rolls, but not many, and nothing that pretty. I tend to save them for the perfect project, and sometimes make my own scrappy ones, which I don't mind actually using so much. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com