Playing with Color

I came across a set of designs based on my Double Star pattern. I was proposing patterns for Windham Fabrics in their Nordic Christmas line (2015). I first offered them my Princess Feather quilt:

Princess Feather

They didn't like it (are they crazy?). I had done a Princess Feather for them in 2006 that knocked their socks off. It's still a free pattern at their website. Of course, the quilting is beyond glorious here, done by Leslee Evans of Atlanta, GA.

Princess Feather: 56" x 56"

Now, back to Nordic Christmas. I used my Double Star pattern to play with the fabrics. Tell me which block you like:

Block 1 with center red star and radiating black print diamonds

 
Block 2 with center green star and radiating black print diamonds

Block 3, same as Block 2 but used a red/cream print in outside triangles

Block 4, same as Block 1, but used the red/cream print in outside triangles

Block 5 with color changes again- black star in center

Block 6

So, what's my Double Star pattern? It's an 18" x 21" table topper (and those blocks above will finish to that size). Two simple shapes; all rotary cut diamonds and triangles. No y-seams. Check out the photos in the Etsy listing.

Double Star Table Topper: 18" x 21"

And one more with very different quilting!

Modern Double Star Table Topper: 18" x 21"

Isn't amazing what a change of colors and fabrics will do in a pattern? And the quilting, too!

Comments

  1. What a hard choice, but I think the last two, with the black star are definite winners! Not a one I didn't like, but I do think they were crazy not to pick that first princess feather. What a beauty in those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com