Dancing with the Flowers and FREE Pattern

I came upon a pattern I designed for Windham Fabrics 16 years ago. I called it "Dancing with the Flowers". I used my photo corners appliqué patches to highlight large scale floral motifs in the centers.

The fabrics were from the Modern Grace Collection. Here's a digital version:

Dancing with the Flowers: 48" x 48"

 Let me show you the two blocks and I think it will make a bit more sense. The blocks finish to 10" x 10". Block A has an extra appliqué in the center. Block B just lets the fabric do the talking.


And this was made into a FREE pattern. The photo corners are raw edge appliqué. You can put just about any motif in the center. I did this with some bird fabric years ago:


I made a second quilt with the leftover fabrics. I called it Modern Grace (clever, huh?) I used the appliqué flower template to cut out more patches and scattered them over the surface of the quilt. I taught this as a workshop in 2007, too!

Modern Grace

Check out the 4 page pdf pattern by clicking that link. And then go find some fun fabric in your stash!

Comments

  1. Thank you! With 3 free patterns in a couple of days, I feel blessed and wealthy! Both versions of this are really nice ones, and would be fun to play around with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [Finally able to reply to comments on my own blog! Had to turn 3rd party cookies on (which will be turned off and on, of course).] Glad you are happy with the 3 free patterns! We are all swimming in patterns - just need to sit down and sew!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com