Grandma's Garden Variation

Fairy Frost and Gingham Play are fabrics from Michael Miller. I had two large sets of these and had a project in mind. I pulled coordinating fabrics from each line and began cutting to make some awesome English Paper Piecing blocks. 

Gingham Play and Fairy Frost

I used 2" hexagon papers and 1" (2" on the long sides) jewels to make the hearts

I've shared these blocks before. The large background squares (15" x 15") are also cut from fat quarters.

Grandmother's Flower Garden with Hearts, pinks

Here is one in orange. I used a soft print for the backgrounds.

GFG in oranges

I made 9 blocks and thought about how to put them together. I wanted more color and added sashing around each block. 

Bright rainbow fabrics for sashings


Boring. So, I added the corner triangles and that made me happy.

Adding corner triangles to each block


And here are the 9 blocks for my quilt center:

Grandma's Garden quilt in the garden: 56" x 56"

I still have more Gingham Play and Fairy Frost fabrics. They are timeless and can morph into just about any design.

English Paper Piecing is the greatest take-along project and I always have a small bag packed, ready to go.

Comments

  1. I do like these! The colors look like they were made to go together, and your center is wonderful. Thanks for sharing how great a little gingham can be.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com