Nosegay Quilts: Day Three

I'm back with my last 2 Nosegay quilts. I think I'll show you the best one first! I was inspired to make this from a 2010 magazine. They had pieced some Bride's Bouquet blocks (like these) and cut up a pre-printed panel of Baltimore Album motifs. I remembered I had some similar panels languishing in my closet.

Nosegay blocks set with pre-printed motifs

When I gave this to my longarm quilter and told her it was destined for a charity quilt, she was shocked. She first thought that was ALL hand appliquéd. Ha! Not from my hands.

Maybe you have some of these long ago printed motifs. Pull them out and make some blocks to go with them.

Here is the last set of my blocks. I made them using some Kaffe Fassett prints.

12" Nosegay block set on point (pieced cone)

 I was short on that green striped fabric and had to piece it. So what?

Piecing a stripe like this - you really can't see the seam can you?

And how does the wrong side of this paper pieced section look?

Wrong side of paper pieced cone section

I have yet to put my blocks together, but I'm working on it! I'll return soon with that photo. Thanks for joining me on my Nosegay quilt journey!

Comments

  1. The pieced cone is indistinguishable, and that is a great cone fabric. I like the use of the B.A. fabric in the first quilt. It is quite pretty, and the nosegay petal colors really lend to it looking right. These are all great, and I more than ever want to make one. I'm going to be looking through my stash soon and see if I can find a fabric set I like as much as yours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Debby Kratovil Quilts! If you had a question and don't get an answer from me, please feel free to email me at: kratovil@his.com