Big Print Hexagon Blocks Got Borders!

I posted this earlier in the week. I took a bundle of 1/2 yard cuts and selected a few to use for borders.


 Then I auditioned them against the 8 block quilt center (which is 52" square).


I cut the strips at 6-1/2" width and kept the same print in the corner blocks (both sides). Until this gets quilted, I can only photograph it on my kitchen floor! (I really need to find a place in my small house to tack it onto a wall).

8 Block Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt: 64" x 64"

No y-seams. No templates. Easy to machine piece. Here's one of those blocks up close:

GFG Block finishes to 17-1/2" square

I'm going to pull out my box of Fossil Ferns (by Benartex) and see what other blocks I can make using them and these very LARGE Kaffe Fassett prints. They go together SO well, don't they?

Comments