Christmas in July: Day Three

One more quilt today to share with you. I was inspired to make this by something similar in a block magazine for standard sewing by machine. I supersized the diamond to a 3" English Paper Piecing unit and stitched my version. (3" is the measurement of the diamond's side from point to point.)

3" diamonds created with EPP

You have to pay attention when you stitch your units together. Ooops! That will not become the shape I need!


Here are 30 - 3" diamonds in a round. Simulates a wreath.

Wreath stitched with 30 diamonds

Here is what I created from the back. I first made the wreath, took out the papers and then machine appliquéd it to the background square. Removed the fabric from behind the wreath. (Now you can see my mistake regarding the red diamonds shown above).

Wreath from wrong side

I added sashings and borders. Quilted it. The fabric with writing on it is another Benartex collection (Seasons Greetings), this time from 2014!

Festive Season and Season's Greetings quilt

Now I'm digging through my Christmas fabrics to find unfinished projects. I know I left some in there and sewing in July is as good a time as ever to try and finish them.

Comments