Christmas in July

I have been designing blocks and quilts for my Quilter's Block a Day Calendar since 2006. I compiled one of my favorite Christmas projects into a pdf and I shared it here in 2016.  This is my Merry Merry Quilt from that very first calendar.

Piecing, applique and foundation paper piecing. This project assumes you know how to do these techniques, but my own approach to appliqué is raw edge. The quilt is 48" x 48". The blocks in the quilt center are 10" square and the angels finish to 5". Isn't this sweet?

The Merry Merry Quilt: 48" x 48"
 
This is my folk-art tree:
Folk Art Tree: 10"
 
And some holly:
Holly Block: 10"
 
We have to have a reindeer, right? Or Santa won't be able to get around!

Reindeer: 10"
 And my Winter Stars Block:

Winter Star: 10"


And we have to have an angel!
Paper Pieced Angel: 5"

Check out the Merry Merry Quilt pattern in my Etsy shop. 

I do hope you enjoy this. And if you make any or all of the blocks, I'd love to see them.

Comments